Whether you’re new to somatic approaches or a seasoned practitioner, this toolbox will be a game-changer in your work.
From over 25 years of clinical experience, Manuela Mischke- Reeds, MA, LMFT, has created the go-to resource for mental health therapists who want to incorporate somatic techniques into their daily practice. Highly-effective for clients dealing with trauma and stress disorders, somatic psychotherapy is the future of healing the entire person-body and mind.
Section-by-section, this toolbox guides the clinician through:
- Targeted somatic interventions for trauma, stress and PTSD
- Steps to incorporate the body into your current therapeutic approach
- Mindfulness techniques and breathwork
- Starting guidelines, safety concerns and keys to success
- Getting to know their own body to better use bodywork with clients
Available from Human Condition Bookstore